Have you ever wondered if ultra running is really just a totally solitary pursuit of yourself against the vast distance along the towards the elusive finish line? There is no need to be! You have so many questions and issues about training, nutrition, hydration, accessories and etc for ultra road and trail running. Yet you are left on your own to find your way out most of the time? Wouldn’t it be nice if your fellow Malaysians can share their experiences and tips on those races that you aspire to take part in one day in the future?
The Malaysian Ultra Runners Association (MURA) is a non government organization (NGO) registered in June 2014 with the Malaysian Registrar of Societies. MURA aims to be an organization representing ultra runners throughout the whole of Malaysia.
The goals of MURA are the following:
- Provides a national platform representing the common interests of Malaysian ultra runners to government authorities, sponsors, race directors and other stakeholders;
- Represents Malaysia ultra runners in international ultra running arenas and communities;
- Establish and maintain cooperative and supportive relationship with ultra races held within and outside Malaysia;
- Establish general quality and safety standards for ultra races held within Malaysia;
- Establishing MURA branches in each states of Malaysia